The San Antonio Spurs will take on the Memphis Grizzlies at 7:00 pm CDT tonight, and I will give 5 Reasons Why the Spurs will SWEEP the Grizzlies.
- First and foremost, the San Antonio Spurs have Home-Court Advantage in this series. Under the Gregg Popovich era, when the Spurs have home court advantage in a series, the Spurs have a 0.87-win percentage, which is the highest in the NBA. I expect the Spurs to easily win the first two games of this series, since both of these games will be in San Antonio.
- Speaking of Gregg Popovich, the second reason why the Spurs will sweep is Coaching. As we all know, Gregg Popovich is the best coach in the NBA, and he will coach circles around first-year head coach David Fizdale. This will be coach Fizdale’s first year coaching in the NBA Playoffs, and it will be Gregg Popovich’s 20th year coaching in the Playoffs.
- The third reason is that the Spurs Offense is More Efficient. Throughout the season, the Spurs have consistently ranked higher than the Grizzlies in every offensive statistical category. Defensively, both teams are actually quite even. However, offensively the Spurs are superior.
- The fourth reason is Injuries. With the news of Tony Allen’s injury, this opens the door for a sweep by the Spurs. Tony Allen is by far the Grizzlies best defender, and with his absence, Kawhi Leonard will have no problem scoring 25 points a game.
- The fifth and final reason why the Spurs will sweep the Grizzlies is a very simple factor: Talent. Quite frankly, the Spurs have superior talent when compared to the Grizzlies. LaMarcus Aldridge and Kawhi Leonard are supremely talented basketball players, and the Grizzlies do not have the weapons to compete with the talent of the Spurs.